How do people with long nails keep them clean?
- Avoid biting or chewing your fingernails. Not only will your nails look damaged, you’ll also push bacteria and saliva into your nail beds.
- Wear gloves when getting dirty.
- Scrape your nails against a bar of soap.
- Remove the dirt from underneath your nails regularly.
- Paint your nails.
How do you take care of long nails?
Now here’s how to get strong, healthy nails:
- Keep your hands very clean.
- Be gentle on your nails.
- Clip your nails regularly.
- Prioritize nail health over length.
- Always keep a nail file on hand.
- Don’t forget to take care of your nail tools, too.
- Leave your cuticles alone.
- Protect your nails with a base coat.
Why do my nails get so dirty underneath?
Dirt, lint, and personal care products are also common culprits. Meanwhile, if the gunk turns from gray to green, that means you’ve got bacteria underneath your nails. “Digging your nails into a bar of white soap in the shower will help to pull out dirt and debris and makes the whites of your nails whiter,” says Stern.
How do I keep my acrylic nails clean underneath?
Use a soft-bristle toothbrush or nail brush on your acrylics to remove hard to reach dirt underneath the nails. Gently run the brush underneath the nails to remove dirt. Use the brush wet or dry, and scrub for only a few seconds to remove dirt from under the acrylic.