Gel manicures can weaken your nails.
Whether or not you opt for a gel or traditional polish formula, the truth is that regular manis of any kind can weaken your natural nails.
“The manicure process can lead to dehydration and thinning of the nail plate,” says Dr.
How can I strengthen my nails after gel?
A Step-by-Step Guide to Helping Your Nails Recover After a Gel Manicure
- Trim Your Nails. Longer nails are more prone to breaking with everyday activities (like trying to pry that stubborn lid off your Tupperware).
- Gently Buff Them.
- Moisturize Often.
- Use a Nail Treatment.
- Leave Your Cuticles Alone.
Are gel nails worth it?
They last for two weeks, they don’t chip, and they dry in minutes. But are gel manicures worth the money? When you do the math, gel manicures are worth it for people who get weekly manicures (people spending $70 or more per month on their nails).
How do you make gel nails last longer?
Method 1 Preserving Your Gel Nails After Application
- Use cuticle oil daily to condition your nails.
- Add a thin layer of clear polish over your nails after one week.
- Be gentle with your nails.
- Avoid using hot water or cleaning products.